Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Spam

This blog is getting spammed.  And it's an emotional roller coaster for me.

I get really excited when I see a new email, stating that I have a new comment on my little diary of over share (did I write diary or dairy?).

BUT then I see it's someone who would just like my readers to purchase some sex drugs, or in the latest case, purchase some people to have sex with.  This makes me upset that it is not a real person who thinks, "Interesting blog as for me. It would be great to read something more about this theme."

And then I realize that this spambot thinks that my blog actually has readers, and well, I get super excited again.  I guess me hitting my own blog multiple times a day has tricked the internet sex machine into thinking actual people read this.  I am a genius!  A spam attracting genius.

Then another down turn.  No one reads this.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Whiteboard Daily said...

The EXACT same thing happens to me. I installed a spam blocker for my comments on my site which worked very nicely. Then after not receiving any comments for the longest time, I contemplated turning it back on just to get some play, albeit of the bot variety.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Aparna said...

Ugh, I just got a SPAM comment on my blog after months and months of no comments (not complaining because silence is better than violence). And the worst part was the bot's name: "haha". That was the name! "Haha"!

And they say spambots have no sense of humor...but actually, I didn't get the joke in the comment because it was written in Chinese.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HTML Hit Counters
Web Site Hit Counters