Sunday, August 30, 2009

Karen Hammberry and Boyfriend Adopt World's Fattest Cat

How does a cat get fat in the pound? You will have to ask Chunky!!!!! Our newest fambly member!



We picked her up from the pound on Saturday, where a young man, whose pants were hanging below his bottom, was yelling "Where my dog at? Do you know who I am?!?" Cute.

Boyfriend dropped me off with Chunkster in a box because he had to go return the zipped car. I barely make it up the two flights of stairs, close our front door, open the box, and she's gone. Apparently we have a hole in the baseboards of our kitchen. I was unfamiliar with said hole, Boyfriend had no knowledge, but Chunky the Cat seemed to know it was there all along.



She hid in there for about an hour, until OF COURSE, we lured her out with treats. And she has been out and investigating ever since.

So far the best part of having Cat is that Boyfriend and I are being really nice to each other to try to prove to Cat that we won't hit her.

"Hello Boyfriend, I love you so much." Cat stop running away from me!

"Here is that cup of water you asked for Karen Hammberry." Cat let me pet you!

"Boyfriend, the turkey dinner I made from scratch is done." CAT WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME?!?!


Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

She looks pretty suspicious of all of the niceness.

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Karen Lange said...

Adorbs! There will, no doubt, be a Chunky cat fan club soon. Good on you for adopting a kitty.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Aparna said...

I may have to temporarily abduct this furball. You have been warned.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

i love it, especially the name, nice pick. we were home this week and got to see one of our little furballs that jim and kay graciously took off our hands before the move. i loveeeee kittehhhhsss and want one here in basel!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

i love it, especially the name, nice pick. we were home this week and got to see one of our little furballs that jim and kay graciously took off our hands before the move. i loveeeee kittehhhhsss and want one here in basel!

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HTML Hit Counters
Web Site Hit Counters