Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Appropriate?

My last day at this job is Thursday. What is appropriate for me to take?

The forty or so mechanical pencils I ordered? The 24 pack of fine point sharpies? Because to be honest, neither of those have any application to my job. So the new person won't need them.

What about the office plants that other people neglected? Can I take those? The scissors? We don't have any nearly so nice at the house. My calendar? It's got all my planned vacations on it. The dish of candy the woman next to me leaves out? Is it really stealing if it's free?

Is it really stealing if I specifically ordered them for Staples for my own personal use?

Where is the line? WHERE??!?!?!

Also, I have been leaving labels with my name on them all over the office. I think they are really going to miss me.
Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man! leavin the job....i hope its because you're moving on to the bigger and better things. i think u definitely need to keep the sharpies. truthfully, anything you ordered, you should just take. cause its yours..haha. hope all is well!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well put...kinda in the same predictment. I want this limited edition Casio Calculator in my office and the printer....maybe the printer is too far!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Big Tauga said...

Why, Karin, surely in losing you, Nat'l Geographic loses its heart & soul. Can you really steal anything more precious than that? (Of course, they are getting Asa in exchange, so maybe it wouldn't hurt to go for those sharpies.)

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HTML Hit Counters
Web Site Hit Counters