Friday, March 07, 2008

Tongues and Shoelaces

Are unrelated.

Today while I was walking to work I saw a guy touching his tongue to his nose. It was... weird. He was wearing a business suit and stuff. And his tongue was out, and clearly touching his nose. And it made me immediately want to try. I didn't until just now. Are you trying right now? I feel like trying to touch your tongue to your nose is the new yawning. If you see someone else do it, you immediately want to do it to. Or even if someone is talking about it, you want to do it. I can't touch it though. I think my teeth are too big.

If you have food on your face, or in your teeth, or your fly is down a lot of people will notice and not tell you. Not so for shoelaces. If your shoelaces are untied everyone will tell you. And they will act like they just saved your life. They may even touch your shoulder, give you a sympathetic look, and then let you know your shoes are untied. Also, if you don't seem incredibly grateful, and tie your shoes right away, they get kinda mad at you. Like they wasted their empathy on you.

I just happen to think I look cooler with my shoes untied.

P.S.W. It's Friday.
Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the shoe lace thing is one of my biggest pet peeves back off mother fucker maybe i like to spice up my elevator rides with a sense of my own mortality

10:25 AM  
Blogger Whiteboard Daily said...

Excellent points.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Aparna said...

pancake rabbit just read your blog. he gives it a flapjackstack and an lolwaffle. i like these points. i think they would be perfect translated to...i don't know...THE STAGE. dare to be daring!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think the ability to touch your tongue to your nose is one of those things where like you either have the gene or you don't. I don't think it's the sort of thing you can work on. But maybe I'm just looking for excuses cause I've been trying for like 10 minutes and it's not happening.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HTML Hit Counters
Web Site Hit Counters