Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Trash

I work in a town house now, which feels weird because it looks like I am going home at 9 am. But really I am going to work, but all the people in their cars don't think that. They think I work nights, like a prostitute.

Anyways, I have to go and get the trash cans from off the curb on Tuesdays and Thursdays. And as I was doing it these two guys walked by and one said "I wish I could get my wife to do that." I don't know how that makes me feel... On one hand it feels sexist, but I can't pinpoint why. Also I feel like those guys would want to marry me because I bring the trash in, which makes me feel kind of awesome. Overall, really, though it makes me feel like my job entails a lot of the same tasks that a house wife has..............
Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger Whiteboard Daily said...

IMHO it seems kind of sexist because he appears to imply that it is his wife's job to such things. Then again, he might just have meant that his wife doesn't help out around the house at all and he wishes she would at least do SOMEthing.

Either way, you aren't a prostitute.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HTML Hit Counters
Web Site Hit Counters