Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Safety

Today I crossed the street with the help of a crossing guard. And it was wonderful. I blended in with some grade schoolers. And I must have done a good job, because she waived the whole group across the street. I was super nervous for a second that she wouldn't want to help get safely across the street because I should be old enough to have those skills. But she didn't even blink, as that white glove came up and beckoned us to move. And those kids were in uniform, none the less! And I was in jeans!

I am going to try and to use her services again tomorrow.
Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no substitute for safety. That’s why I carry this bow and arrow. Not only does it make me feel protected from the not-so-random squirrel that tries to steal my french fries, but it’s a heck of a fashion statement.

2:44 PM  
Blogger DragonKat said...

I saw a guy riding a bike with one of those orange vests on and a blinking light on his helmet. There's a guy who knows how to party.

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you remember Frosty? When she used to be our crossing guard and always had candy for us?

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HTML Hit Counters
Web Site Hit Counters