Wednesday, September 09, 2009

On the bus

On the bus this morning this woman was sort of giving me a shifty eye, and half smile.  And I was all "I don't know you."

As I was getting off I realized we had the same umbrella.  Lady, I am sorry for not seeing this earlier.

Life is so stupid and hard, and I completely missed a few moments of joy we could have had. A few moments of togetherness between two strangers.

Then if we ever saw each other again we could at least smile, and be neighborly and what not.  And if someone did something annoying on the bus we would have someone to roll eyes with.  She might be having a get together soon, and would invite me.  I would put her on WIT's mailing list.

Before you know it we are fast friends, and she is dying and has millions of dollars.  AND SHE GIVES IT TO ME!  And then I don't have to freakin' work.

Almost all my day dreams lately have ended in me not working.  I wonder what that could mean.

But truly lady, millions aside, I am sorry.
Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger Aparna said...

This made for great bus stop reading!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HTML Hit Counters
Web Site Hit Counters