Monday, September 25, 2006

mr. smith

Mr. Smith who used to work on the fifth floor of the SMPA building passed away last night. This is incredibly sad. He was a really great guy. I knew him for three years. And he was always awesome. This news is really upsetting to me. And I am having a hard time thinking about anything else.

Year 1 of knowing Mr. Smith: Professor Thiel told us that Mr. Smith was her right hand man. She was really scary so I assumed he was too. This assumption was wrong.

Year 2: I saw Mr. Smith almost everyday and he never remembered my name. But he would ask me to remind him every day, and I would come back the next day sure he would have it this time. He didn't. But he was always really nice.

Year 3: Mr. Smith knew my name, and called me Ms Hammerberg. He also thought he knew what classes I was in, but did not. He was always telling me things about due dates and classroom changes which left us both confused.

The end of Year 3: Mr. Smith encouraged me to keep a camera, mic, and lighting kit at my house for an extended peroid of time. It was kind of weird, but I took as a sign that he trusted me.

I am really going to miss him. He was so incredibly great. He was such a character which was refreshing to meet at GW. He cared greatly for the students that he helped, and for the staff the worked with.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

HTML Hit Counters
Web Site Hit Counters