Thursday, June 19, 2008

FIRST TIME IN HISTORY:

BOSS FINDS BLOG, EMPLOYEE NOT FIRED

Washington, DC- History was made today when Jeff Saunders found his employee's blog and decided to keep her on staff. While, Karen Hamburger's blog is mainly narcissistic observations about her own life, she does mention her work place from time to time. Although, she usually gets the most hits when she writes about Peyton Manning, or Star Wars (keyword searches).
Fellow employee, Pat [redacted], thought for sure she would be fired, "I saw her go upstairs, and I thought that was the end for her. Seriously, I am surprised that she is still here. Although, she always gets my lunch order right, so I guess it's cool." When "gilmore gurlz" tried to reach Hamburger for comment she couldn't be found, although we did hear sounds of vomiting from a nearby bathroom. So, we figured she was going through alternate stages of shock and relief. The news of this momentous moment has spread quickly across the world wide web. Judy Forleen from www.ihopemybossdies.com said that Saunders' choice to not fire Hamburger has given hope to bloggers everywhere. Forleen states, "Now I finally have the confidence to send my boss a link to my site. For so long I have been hiding it and only using her initials when I reference my satanic boss, but I think it's high time I start using real names and places." [Ed. note: gilmore gurlz does not encourage this practice]

Aside: Who took the scissors off my desk?

Super aside: I spelled "scissors" so wrong that these were the spelling options I got: Fransisco, discord, succors, and Fransisco's. And I am not even sure if I got it right now, but there's no red underline. I think spell check may have just given up on me.
Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

Blogger Aparna said...

Well. The day has come! A new world order can now commence.

I don't know about bosses leaving anonymous comments though. I don't know about that at all.

Let's call a meeting.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Whiteboard Daily said...

...man, I thought you were going to be a goner.

Congrats!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Chris Singel said...

Let's celebrate with some Gold Miner!

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a long time friend of Mr. McGee, I have to applaud you on your getting the lunch orders correct. That's always been a pet peeve of his. As a matter of fact, I believe he fired his last assistant due to an "olive incident." Ask him...

8:45 PM  
Blogger Chris Singel said...

Karin,

remember the time Angelo emailed us for copies of his sketches? For how self-absorbed the guy is you would think he would hang on to gold nuggets like "Curse word scrabble."

I don't like that other people read your blog because now it's not like our own email service anymore.

On the upside, one of our employers doesn't mind if herecomesmybossg2gttyl

1:16 PM  
Blogger inthemiddle said...

nice press release!

5:36 PM  
Blogger inthemiddle said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

HTML Hit Counters
Web Site Hit Counters